Syncing Yandex Browser between devices
Syncing involves data exchange between Yandex Browsers on your devices. Data is stored temporarily on the Yandex server and passed over a secure channel. Passwords are passed in encrypted format. The data on the server is protected by the authorization system. Syncing allows you to access data from all your devices and restore data if your device is lost or broken.
Why do I need syncing?
By default, syncing applies to tabs, bookmarks, passwords, history, extensions, plugins, and AutoFill data.
Use syncing to:
- Use the password manager on your synced devices (automatic entry of passwords, encrypted password vault, and recovery of website access if you forget your master password).
- Recover passwords, bookmarks, tabs, and Yandex Browser settings, even if something goes wrong with your device.
Use the widget at the top of the menu to access sync settings quickly:. To turn it on:
- Under General settings, select Show sync widget in the menu.
If the widget is disabled, clickto go to the sync settings.
How often is data synced?
After you enable syncing, data will be synced each time you change data that is stored on the server. For example, when you add a bookmark on your device, Yandex Browser sends it to the server and simultaneously downloads all the changes that you've made on your other devices since the last sync.
How do I enable syncing?
In order for syncing to work you have to:
- Have Yandex Browser installed on all the devices (computer, smartphone, and tablet).
- Use the same Yandex ID on all your devices.
To enable syncing:
- Log in with your Yandex ID. Syncing will start.
- Select the data you want to sync.
Changing the list of data to sync
- Turn on options that allow you to sync only the data you need.
Delete synced data
To delete data from all your synced devices:
- Click Delete synchronized data.
- In the Would you like to delete this information? window, confirm the action by clicking Yes, delete.
After that, your data will be deleted from the server. During the next synchronization, it will also be deleted from all synced devices linked to your account.