Questions about browser settings
Where are the settings?
To open your settings, click .
Browser start page
Instead of the start page, Yandex Browser opens either your Tableau (with your most frequently visited pages), or the tabs that were left open during your last session. To select your preferred option:
- Click Interface.
- In the Tabs section, turn off the option Open previously open tabs upon browser start.
In this section, you can also set Yandex as your homepage. To do this, select the Open yandex.com if home page is empty option.
What happens when browser settings are reset?
Resetting your browser settings means that the original settings will be restored:
- The default widgets will display on the Tableau.
- Your default search engine will be set for the SmartBox.
- All browser extensions will be disabled.
- Pinned tabs will be deleted.
- All personal information will be deleted.
To clear your browser settings:
- Click .
- Click System.
- Click Reset all settings.
- Click Reset.
Security of browser settings
Some programs (such as chat programs, extra browser panels, and so on) may change your browser settings without asking you.
Yandex Browser tracks these changes and automatically restores the default settings. You'll see a message about this at the top of the settings page (click):