Change the browser background
You can use the following types of media as a background:
- Photos from the Background gallery on your computer or from any website.
- Videos or dynamic selections of photos from the Background gallery.
To select a browser background:
- Click Backgrounds gallery under the Tableau to the right.
- Select a photo or video from an album.
- Click Use this background.
- For one album. Put together a selection in the Backgrounds gallery and click Alternate daily.
- For all albums. In the Backgrounds gallery, click Alternate in the All backgrounds section.
- Under the Tableau on the right, click.
- Select an image.
- Click Open.
- Open the page with an image.
- Open the context menu and select Set as Yandex Browser background.
- Stop or start
Animated backgrounds look great, but they can run down your battery. To avoid this:
- Under the Tableau on the right, click and turn off Background animation.
- Animation when the battery is low
When your battery is low, animation turns off automatically. If you want to continue playing animation regardless of how low your battery is:
- Click .
- Click Tools.
- In the Power saving mode section, turn off the Disable video playing when battery is low option.
- Playback in high resolution
Animations play back in high resolution by default. If this is slowing down Yandex Browser:
- Click .
- Click Interface.
- In the New tab section, turn off the Use high-resolution animated background option.
Background animation doesn't work
Background animation may not work due to the following:
- Under the Tableau to the right, click and turn on the Background animation option.
- Go to the Video adapters section. A list of video cards appears.
- Right-click the name of your video card.
- In the context menu, select Update drivers.
- Click .
- Click System.
- Go to the Performance section. If the Use hardware acceleration if possible option is on, turn it off. If the Use hardware acceleration if possible option is off, turn it on.
- Restart the browser to apply these changes.
- Temporarily disable all extensions:.
- If your animation re-appears, try going through your extensions one at a time to find the blocking one.
- Disable the problematic extension. You may want to let the developers know about the problem.
- Clear your cache so that the browser doesn't load a copy of the page that was rendered earlier and contains the blocked animation.
Update the driver for each video card that is installed on your computer:
Try turning the hardware accelerator on or off:
If these recommendations don't help, contact our support staff using the feedback form. Describe the situation in detail, and attach a screenshot if possible.
The background doesn't change on the Tableau page
Try deleting the File System folder in the browser profile directory and then check whether the problem persists. To open the browser profile directory:
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Open the file search field in Windows.
[%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\] (without square brackets)
and paste it into the file search box.
- Press Enter.