Protect: password manager
Password manager for Yandex Browser allows you to easily view, change, and delete your passwords.
- Place the cursor in the password field.
- Click .
- In the drop-down list, click the generated password (it appears automatically as soon as the browser detects a registration or password change form).
- If you have already created a master password, please enter it to access your data storage.
- Click Add in the upper-right corner.
- In the window, enter the website address, login and password. To check that you entered your password correctly, click .
If you enter a password with no username, the browser suggests one of the usernames saved earlier.
If you previously created your master password, enter it. The master password is used in the encryption algorithm to reliably protect the password vault (because only you remember the master password).
An automatically generated password is not easy to hack, because it is a random set of letters, numbers, and punctuation marks. You don't need to memorize such a password: the manager puts it into the form automatically, and you can view it anytime you wish. To protect passwords in the vault, use a master password.
To generate a password:
View, change or delete your password
- If you have already created a master password, enter it to access your vault.
- A list of websites you have saved passwords for appears on the screen. Select one of them. If there are too many sites in the list, start entering the site address in the Search passwords field in the upper-left corner. This filters the list to the right.
- Click the name of the appropriate site.
- View, change, or delete your password:
In the window that opens, click in the Password field.
In the Password field, enter your new password.. To check that you entered it correctly, click .
- Click on the favicon to the left of the appropriate site.
- At the bottom of the window, click Delete.Tip. If you deleted a password by mistake, you can restore it immediately after you delete it. In the lower-left corner of the password manager, click Restore. If you reload the page or go to another tab, the Restore link becomes unavailable.
Change the manager settings
- Click .
- If you already created a master password, enter it in the dialog box that opens.
- Click Settings.
- In the Passwords section, select the desired options:
- Save passwords by default — if you turn off this option, the browser will not save passwords you enter from now on, but will insert passwords you saved earlier in authorization forms.
- Auto-fill login forms — if you turn off this option, the browser will not insert usernames or passwords into authorization forms. If this option is turned on, you can allow the browser to insert both your usernames and passwords in forms, or only your usernames.
- Allow sites to save passwords in the browser and log you in automatically. You can log in to some sites (those that support the CredentialManager API) without a password. That way you can log in just by clicking and selecting your username. If you want to disallow automatic authorization, disable this option.
- Show the password and bank card storage button in toolbar — if you enable this option, you can open passwords and cards by clicking the icon.
Disable the password manager
If you use a third-party password manager and do not want the browser to save and insert passwords:
- If you have already created a master password, please enter it to access your data storage. If you forgot your master password, left-click anywhere on the screen outside of the dialog box.
- Click Settings.
- In the Passwords section, click Disable Password Manager.
Now the browser stops saving passwords, inserting them into authorization forms and requesting your master password to access your vault. Previously entered passwords are stored on your computer encrypted. They become available again if you reenable the password manager.
To do this, click Enable password manager in the manager settings.
I can't save my password
If you see the icon on the right side of SmartBox, it means that you blocked cookies on that page. If you see the sign:
- Tap .
- Open Websites.
- At the bottom of the page, click Advanced site settings.
- In the Cookies section, select Allowed.
- Turn off the Block third-party data and files option.
- Click Sites advanced settings.
- Check whether the Only for session or Not allowed lists contain the problematic site. If a site is in the list, hover over it and click the Allow link.