What is a plugin?
A plugin is a block of code that is integrated into Yandex.Browser and expands the browser's features. Unlike extensions, plugins do not normally have an interface. Plugins are used for playing video and audio in the browser, viewing PDF documents, improving the operation of web services, collaborating on projects in the internet, and so on.
Usually, you need to install plugins when you visit a site that has a specific type of content (for example, a video). To display this content properly, you must install a specific plugin.
Yandex.Browser will tell you that a certain plugin needs to be installed and offers to install it. You will see a notification in the upper part of the page. You will need to download the latest version of the plugin from the developer's website and install it yourself.
How do I disable plugins?
- In the SmartBox, enter the address browser://plugins.
- The Plugins page opens displaying all the plug-ins that are installed. To disable a plug-in, click the Disable link under its name.
Disable flash plugin auto-launching
By default, Flash clips launch automatically when a page opens in Yandex.Browser. To save RAM and make your browser safer, you can prevent plugins from launching automatically:
- Tap .
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings.
- In the Flash section, flip the switch to the Block all sites from running Flash position.
- Click Done.
- Restart the browser to apply these changes.
Update outdated plug-ins
Plug-ins are not updated automatically and can become outdated. Yandex.Browser detects outdated plug-ins. If a plug-in is outdated, you will see a message about it in the address bar:
- To install the latest version o f a plugin, select Update plug-in.
- If you want to continue running the plugin without upgrading, click Run this time. The next time you launch Yandex.Browser, you will see a message that the plugin is blocked.