Listen to audio in the browser
What audio file formats can be played in the browser?
Yandex.Browser can open audiofiles with the following file extensions: mp3, wav, m4a, wma, ogg, x-m4a, mpeg.
Audio on the side panel
If music is playing in multiple tabs, the control panel displays all the tracks, and you can switch between them.
Sound is quiet or there's no sound at all
- Turn on any online video or music player in Yandex.Browser.
- Right-click the icon in the taskbar in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that opens, click Open Volume Mixer. Pull up the Yandeх Browser volume mixer.
Make sure the sound is not muted in your browser tab. If sound is muted, then you will see a on the tab. To turn sound on, click this icon.
Check the volume setting for Yandex.Browser in the OS settings:
Audio doesn't play
Check your settings or try to find an extension that might be blocking audio.
- Temporarily disable all extensions:.
- If this solves your problem, go through your extensions and turn them back on until you find the one that caused the problem.
- Disable the problematic extension. You may want to let the developers know about the problem.
An extension may be blocking audio playback.