View tab history
To view a list of pages that were open on this tab:
- Open the tab.
- Click and hold .
The icon only appears on tabs where you viewed several pages. If the icon is unavailable, go to your entire browsing history.
Viewing full history
Removing pages from history
- Select the desired pages.
- Click Delete the following above the page list.
Sync the history
Your history is partially synced:
- The history of pages that you visited on your computer is synced. If you reinstall your browser and then enable syncing, your history will display at browser://history/.
- The history of pages that you visited on other devices will not display in the browser interface. However, if you sync and then start entering the address for a site that you visited on another device, that address will appear in your search suggestions. Sites pinned to the Tableau are an exception to this rule.
To disable history syncing:
- Click .
- In the What to sync section disable the History option.
Clear entire history
- Click Clear history in the upper-right corner of the tab., and then
- In the Clear history window, set the time period that you want to delete the history for.
- Select the Views option.
- If necessary, deselect all other options.
- Click Clear.
Restore your history after deleting it
To restore a browsing history that you recently deleted, check the date when changes were made to the History.bak file in the C:\Users\Your account name\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default directory (to see the AppData folder, enable hidden folder display).
If changes were made on a date other than the current day:
- Move the History file to another folder (such as your Desktop).
- Go back to the C:\Users\Your account name\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default folder.
- Rename the History.bak file to History.
- Restart the browser.
If you do all this correctly, your history will be restored. If your history isn't restored, put the History file back in the folder.