Viewing and editing MS Office, OpenOffice files
Which files can be edited?
Yandex Browser supports viewing and editing files with the following extensions:
- DOC, DOT, DOCX, DOTX
- XLS, XLT, XLA, XLSX, XLTX, XLSM, XLTM, XLSB
- PPT, POT, PPS, PPA, PPTX, POTX, PPSX
- ODT, ODS, ODP
Open files in Yandex Browser
The first time you download a file in an office format, the View and edit documents page opens and you can select an option:
- Always open in Browser.
- Do not open documents in Browser.
- In the File viewer section, disable the Open files in Office format in the browser option.
Use one of these options:
- Open the folder with the file and drag the file to your Yandex Browser window.
- In Yandex Browser, press Ctrl + O and select the file you need.
You can use Yandex Documents to edit documents, tables, and presentations that are open in Yandex Browser. To do this, click Edit copy at the top of the document. A copy of the document will be saved to Yandex Disk in the Downloads folder. You can also edit documents online with your friends or colleagues.
Keyboard shortcuts for changing zoom
If documents download instead of opening
- Under File viewer, select Open files in Office format in the browser.
Check also if the quick view option is enabled:
- On the right side of the SmartBox, click .
- Right-click the name of the file.
- In the menu that opens, enable the Use quick view for <format name> option.